This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How to manage tank during vacation??

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by kevinmichael77, Nov 29, 2014.

1. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:21 PM
    I am going on a 9 day vacation at the beginning of January and I'm not sure how to manage my tank. It's a high tech set-up and Ei dosed daily. I will change the water the night before but can I add the nutrients all in one fell swoop? I can have someone feed them a couple times but don't want to burden them with stopping over and dosing the tank everyday.

Appreciate the help and advice!

Kev

2. gsjmia

gsjmia Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    There are numerous threads on this forum about this. This is typical: http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/6451-Vacation?highlight=vacation

Do the things that Gerry describes.

It helps if you have autodosing and a sump.
    I have autodosing, so that was not an issue.
    I have a sump and was worried about evaporation-so I filled the sump to the top, and then got several 5 gal buckets and treated them with dechlor and filled to the top, then added small siphon hoses from each bucket to the sump, as a water reserve.

Ehiem makes a nice auto feeder.

Or you can do as Tom recommends, hire a kid-put the EI doses in a daily pill counter.

- - - Updated - - -

There are numerous threads on this forum about this. This is typical: http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/6451-Vacation?highlight=vacation

Do the things that Gerry describes.

It helps if you have autodosing and a sump.
    I have autodosing, so that was not an issue.
    I have a sump and was worried about evaporation-so I filled the sump to the top, and then got several 5 gal buckets and treated them with dechlor and filled to the top, then added small siphon hoses from each bucket to the sump, as a water reserve.

Ehiem makes a nice auto feeder.

Or you can do as Tom recommends, hire a kid-put the EI doses in a daily pill counter.

3. kevinmichael77

kevinmichael77 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I have a sump but no auto dosing system.

So I couldn't just put a weeks worth of fertz in all at once. I can have someone come over after a few days to check the water level but not every day to Ei dose.