Someone told me that all gases flash out of a regulator body fairly quickly. This means that the ones used with "bad" stuff are usable for our use after a short period of time. This is something that I would not support nor tell people to do this. I just don't fully believe their comment.Matt F.;61593 said:werd DSR bretheren.
looks like an strong oxidizer, which is needed for combustion.
My rule of thumb is to find a regulator that has not been exposed to corrosive gasses. A new corrosive gas regulator, like my SGT 500, is fine. Would I buy a used one...nah. The carbon monoxide regulator was even okay.
Just stay away from toxic and corrosive gasses.
This is why, like you, I suggest the same things.
With a regulator with SS diaphragms, one may be more lenient, but I won't tell anyone to do it.