This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Po4 Actually?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by fitos100, May 28, 2019.

1. toads74

toads74 Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2:17 PM
    The cup test sounds good. I just thought it a little suspicious that you kept getting the same value. The tests we use aren’t particularly accurate, so .3 may be a little closer to 0 than it suggests. Without calibrating it’s tough to tell.

FWIW, I’m currently dosing 5.7ppm per week in a tank I’m trying to figure out. I did a couple weeks front loading 13ppm with each of two 80% water changes per week and didn’t see any ill affects. I’m thinking you’re probably pretty close since you’re seeing the base level starting to rise at the end of the week. This is the same thing I’m working through now - establishing and keeping that base level while adjusting the other inputs.

2. KeeperOfASilentWorld

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    PO4 could bottom out from 4-6 ppm to 0-1 ppm in just a days time during the initial days of ADA Amazonia usage. With time, this amount will decrease substantially.