This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How Much Ph Drop From Degassed To Enriched From Day To Night

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Skip Davison, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Skip Davison

Skip Davison New Member

Local Time:
    5:26 AM
    I have a CO2 injected 80gal Planted aquarium with 130 watts of DIY Cree 6500K LED lighting and a buffering substrate. I currently only drop the pH from the photo period to night by about 0.4 pH or from 6.2 to 6.7. I used remineralized RODI water and I keep the GH at 3 degrees and the KH at 1-2. I use KHCo3 for KH, and CaSo4 and MgSo4 at 4:1 ratios for the GH. I have good surface agitation and I also aerate when the lights are off.
    The degassed pH is about 7. I see comments here that you can drop the pH about 1-1.5 in short periods of time. When my pH is at 6.3 during the photo period I have moderate pearling of the plants, but I think I can up my pH, or lower it actually to close to 6.0 or 5.8. I do weekly water changes of about 40-50% and use the EI dosing of Macros and Micro elements twice a week.
    I guess the question is "How low can you go!!")

skipd1

2. casey

casey New Member

Local Time:
    3:26 AM
    Well what kind of fish do you have, you can “gas” your fish I did that a few times. You know a lot more about water chemistry then I did. What I have found is that I just run my co2 to the point where my drop checker is going from blue to green then I turn on my air stone, a lot of people think this is bad, but it helps keep the O2 in my water and co2 comes in too so the loss is not that much. But some fish can handle very acidic water other really don’t like it.

3. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    11:26 AM
    Slowly lower to target 1,0 drop. Take a couple of weeks.
    5.8 is fine unless you have fish which would not like such acidic waters.

You target should be 1.1 or 1.2.

Tags: