This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How much Eco-Complete do I need

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Hungtran10, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Hungtran10

Hungtran10 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    Hello everybody,

My name is Hung and I am starting up a planted fish tank. I have been reading through the posts and articles of this website religously to learn as much as possible. (Thanks Tom for the great site!) Ok here is my first question.

I have a 55 gallon tall fish tank. The dimensions are 48 x 21.5 x 12.5 inches.
    I plant on purchasing Eco-Complete 20 lb bags for my substrate. How many bags should I buy?

I will post more details of my plans for the tank as I get further along in my reading/research.

Thanks in adance.

- Hung

2. Henry Hatch

Henry Hatch Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    10:13 AM
    I have a 50 gallon tank with eco complete. I used 100 lbs and that gave me about a 3 inch substrate.

Henry