This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Plants? (5 Gallon)

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by Sw33th34rt4my, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Sw33th34rt4my

Sw33th34rt4my New Member

Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    I currently have a 5.5 gallon aquarium with a single Betta. It is currently stocked with lots of Anacharis and Hornwort to help it cycle. I would like to use Java Fern, Wendelov, and Trident(if Trident will fit?), Anubias (Nana and Petite?), Crypt Wendtii (not sure which color?), and possibly some Java Moss. I found a piece of spider wood and I was planning to attach the plants to the wood and some lava rock. I think I have picked out a good variety of heights and leaf structures. I would like at least one of each and possibly two of some.
    Is Trident to big for my 5 gallon?
    Would 1 Trident, 2 Wendelov, 1 or 2 Java Fern, 2 Anubias Nana, 2 Anubias Nana Petite, 1 Crypt Wendtii Green, and Java Moss be a good amount in a 5 gallon tank?
    Any help is much appreciated. I am very open to suggestions. I am still learning.I am anxious to upgrade to a nice aquascape.

2. jevan23

jevan23 New Member

Local Time:
    9:20 PM
    Might be a bit crowded in a 5g once everything starts growing, check out Fluval's vid below.

3. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:20 AM
    The trident may start small but with good conditions it will grow and grow. Of course at that point you can sell the large plant and replace with a smaller plant. Wendelov may have the same problem but grows slower and more compact.

I would suggest sticking with just Anubias nana petite or another of the smaller ones. Using smaller plants makes the tank look bigger.

Tags: