This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How many Amano Shrimps should I add

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by jonny_ftm, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    5:40 PM
    Hi,

I have the tank in my signature. In short, 120*40cm surface (47in x 15.7in) with 1 Ancistrus (Bushymouth catfish), 8 cory (corydoras julii), 4 Tateurndinas (Peacock gudgeon), 3 Siamese algae-eaters and a pair of Apistogramma cacatoides (Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid)

I have added some Amano Shrimps recently, died after a CO2 error.

I'm wondering now if I can introduce them in my tank and how many of them? 20 is too much?

Many thanks

2. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:40 PM
    I put 9 in my 30G with another 10 Ghost shrimp. I'm not sure how many are left since I keep seeing carapaces on the substrate. So either I'm losing shrimp or they're getting bigger. I'm not really sure which since the overall fleet of shrimp always has a couple of representatives in any given view of the tank. The Amano seem to like the algae moreso whereas I usually see the ghost marching around on the substrate cleaning, so they complement well enough.

-
    S