How long iron gluconate "live" in tank

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
You are missing 2 water molecules in the hydration of the Fe gluconate.

Regards,
Tom Barr

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
How about us who do not have a clue about chemistry? :) Lol, what are we supouse to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CL_

Tom Barr;46993 said:
You are missing 2 water molecules in the hydration of the Fe gluconate.

Regards,
Tom Barr
oh yeah, I forgot that it would be in the crystalline form when we dose it. So would it be safe to say that the time it takes to break down depends on what all we have in our water, or should it be the same no matter what?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
barbarossa4122;47000 said:
How about us who do not have a clue about chemistry? :) Lol, what are we supouse to do?

Suffer, hehe:p
Or learn Chem, I had too, that means other folks can do it if they so chose.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
CL_;47002 said:
oh yeah, I forgot that it would be in the crystalline form when we dose it. So would it be safe to say that the time it takes to break down depends on what all we have in our water, or should it be the same no matter what?

Yes, I'd not worry much about it, 10-12% is typical for the Fe% once it's used. Some forget to include the water in the weight when they make spread sheets and dosing calculators.
Same for CaCl2 and sometimes MgSO4.

This throws off the calculations some, but it's not going to make or break anything.
Plants do well and if you add above the critical concentration requirements for 90% max yeilds, then it makes no difference.
So if it's already non limiting, you are in good shape.

Nothing to worry about and no need to be interested in razor sharp accuracy etc.

Trying to hit the elephant, not the mouse.

Regards,
Tom Barr