This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How Fish Tanks Saved My Life

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by A.C. Aquatics, Oct 25, 2018.

1. A.C. Aquatics

A.C. Aquatics New Member

Local Time:
    5:31 AM
    Hello,

My name is Adam of AC Aquatics. I've been keeping and breeding fish like the true fish addict that I am for the past 3 years but have had at least one tank in my life for the past 17 years. It wasn't until I had a back surgery that went badly in 2015 that I got heavy into keeping planted tanks. After being diagnosed with Arachnoiditis which is a very rare incurable neurological disease I became addicted to opiates and alcohol. I was suffering from depression and addiction and all while dealing with the severe chronic pain that my disease causes. I entered a rehab facility on June 16 2015 and have been clean and sober since. My addiction to fish and planted tanks has helped save my life and giving me a new outlook on life. These days I have over 20 tanks with all of them being planted and until just recently they were all low tech. I just bought my first pressurized CO2 system and I'm completely blown away with the difference it has made. I hope to learn from this forum and continue to grow in the hobby. Thank you for letting me share a little bit of my story and how fish tanks have saved my life.

2. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    11:31 AM
    Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

A.C. Aquatics likes this.
  3. A.C. Aquatics

A.C. Aquatics New Member

Local Time:
    I have just reached 300 subscribers on my YouTube channel and I am going to do a video on how I got into fish keeping and share my story on how fish keeping helped save my life. I would be grateful if anyone would like to check it out. I'm working on the video now and it will be ready later this week. I hope that by sharing my story that it will inspire or give someone that might be going through hard times with depression, drug or alcohol addiction, or struggles with a disability a little hope and know that they are not alone. I hope to see some of you there and as always...Do what you do if it works for you, Adam

4. A.C. Aquatics

A.C. Aquatics New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you very much and it was my pleasure.

Tags: