This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

How does Excel compare to gas injection?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by reiverix, Oct 20, 2005.

1. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

How does Excel compare to Co2 gas being diffused to a 30ppm level?

I have a 10 gallon and I'm planning on running 55w over it and would like to grow HC and pearlweed.

Is there a safe dosage rate for Excel that would give me the same results as actively injecting 30ppm Co2?

For this setup and tank size, would Excel get me medium to fast growth without algae probs?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: How does Excel compare to gas injection?

I'd say about 1/3 as effective as CO2, you do not see much if any pearling.
    It does seem to do very well at keeping algae growth down nonetheless.

For moderate growth med-low light, this works well generally on smaller tanks.

Regards,
    Tom Barr