This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Use Flame Moss In Aquascape

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by hn5624, Feb 8, 2018.

1. hn5624

hn5624 New Member

Local Time:
    12:55 PM
    This moss seems to grow quite fast, I used to have a metric ton of it, but throw most of it away because I couldn't find a way to utilize it.

I thought about using it as a carpet plant, but it seems too uniform - its too straight- to be used as a carpet, it also doesn't spread very well.

Thought about moss trees, but it seems like weeping moss + christmas moss makes far superior looking trees compared to flame moss.

Perhaps it would be best used to make a very spiky, cone shaped tree. However christmas moss or spiky moss would create a better spread and look.

What the heck do you guys use this moss for? Assuming that another type of moss wouldn't be able to do the job better.

#1 hn5624, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    9:55 AM
    You answered your own question.
    I however would use as a tree

3. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    I tend to use mini Christmas moss.
    A moss carpet is okay, but mulm tends to collect under it and it's pretty much impossible to vacuum.
    Why not just sell it or donate any proceeds to the running of the forum.