This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

HOB filter and co2

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by amf17, Jan 31, 2009.

1. amf17

amf17 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:52 AM
    I have a DIY co2 system with a DIY powerhead/tube reactor. Is it possible that my HOB filter could be causing my co2 level to drop? I was thinking that maybe the water circulating through the filter and splashing back into the tank was causing the co2 to gas off.

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

yes this could in fact lead to c02 loss. Anything you can do to reduce the distance of the fall will help. Keep the tank level up to as evaporation will increase the fall.

If nothing can be done, you may want to try raising your bubble rate to compensate. Tank size, etc?

3. tinkerman

tinkerman Subscriber

Local Time:
    I have read that some people will add a sponge to the hob on the out flow to limit surface ripple. Just an idea.