This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hi There! Big Plant Fan (not Necessarily Good At Growing Them, Though...)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Joshaeus, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Joshaeus

Joshaeus New Member

Local Time:
    12:35 PM
    I am a young man in New England who has had various aquariums over the years, from my current hard water, 400 ppm TDS Aphanius mento tank to a 20-10 ppm TDS (the TDS dropped over the course of the week), blackwater in the 4's licorice gourami tank. Almost all of those tanks have had plants...with varying degrees of success. I tend to have bad luck with stem plants of all types if I use gravel, for example (I consistently break the bottom of the stems trying to plant them in gravel), but my paro tank (with a peat moss/sand substrate or pure peat moss) had good growth of multiple stem plants not usually kept in tanks that soft (golden creeping jenny, for example).

Anyhow, I ask a lot of odd questions, so expect to get deluged with them now that I am on this board. Thanks :)

Tags: