This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Here si my Tank

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by deucebiggss, Feb 7, 2010.

1. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    9:12 AM
    I finally have my reactor running and it is running well. Thank god! The water is a bit cloudy, but I assume it is the ADA soil? Maybe the driftwood, but I soaked that for 4 months. I am sure it will be clear. My PH is about 7.3 in the morning before the lights kick on and goes down to about 6.6-6.5 when the lights shut off. I run O2 when the lights and CO2 are off. My KH is 4-5 and GH is about 2 for now. It has been 2 weeks and the stem plants have new leaves sprouting and are finally rooting. I lost a few, but I would assume that is accpected. The HC had some melting, but it looks like it is coming back. DSM is a great thing. I am still trying to figure out how to work the 4:1 with CaCl2:MgSO4 for GH and need a consistant break down of the math. Everyone has there own way some are completely wrong. I'll get it eventually. Overall I am very happy and the fish are too. I have to say that this forum is a great learning tool. It has really helped me in understanding how to go about putting together a planted tank.

#1 deucebiggss, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
  2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is what????? what a time to lose your internet connection lol

Nice tank btw. Glad to hear things are well. The wood is nice and the HC is very nice...

I understand that ada can cloud the water, esp after some disturbance, such as moving or replanting, etc so I think it is expected.

Best of luck.

3. jonny_ftm

jonny_ftm Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Nice tank,

Your stones look like to be very calcareous to have a such high KH with a low GH, unless it is your tap

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    That's a great start!!! Is your Coralife fixture one of the new T5HO's?

5. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The Forum Is... What?

Hi,

Nice tank! :cool:

Give it a few days, it is most likely just fines in suspension ADA or not, to speed the settling, a drop or two per gallon of sodium thiosulphate. :gw

Biollante

6. bsmith782

bsmith782 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Looks like a regular PC fixture. Those LED ones are about .5" thick.

7. deucebiggss

deucebiggss Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Coralife Lunar Aqualight Deluxe Linear Strip PowerCompact Fixtures, has 4 CF's and 4 blue LED's. Sorry about cutting short. I lost my connection and somehow it posted. As far as the rocks, I believe it is a granite. I found it at the local grocery store on the bankings that surround it. I figured I would help myself. My City water is soft and has a PH of 7.0-7.2right now. My dad works for the water department, so I get some tips as to when they screw with it. I add baking soda and Calcium Carbonate during water changes and a little Epsom Salt. I think my GH tester has gone bad that's why I think I am not getting a reading. I have to purchase a new one. I am running my EHEIM pro 3e 2078 on the reactor and I have to tell you, that this thing pushes out a seriious amount of water. Definately worth the money. Thanks for the comments I'll be in touch.