This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

here is my new 25g set up

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Patrice, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

Hi,
    i have been working on that set up for the last 6 weaks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think of that start? a nice background will be a must but I'me still not sure about the color. also, at tha back (left side) plants will have to grow to follow the same shape the rocks have.

here are some info about the tank:

CO2: 1bubble /sec. waiting for a ph drop checker
    2X65W (10h/day)
    size: 25 gallon
    substrat: flourite
    PH: way to low (about 5.5). I tried to make it higher but did not succede yet
    KH: 4 to 5
    NO3 I add 5ppm every 2 days
    PO4 I add 0.5 ppm every 2 days
    Fe and trace: 0.25ppm every other days
    Water change: 50% every week

No fish in this tank for the moment.

I had some green hair algae the last weaks and also there is a little spot with cyano but it does not get worst or beter.... it's just there. I dont freak with algae for the moment. once I'll have my ph set to 30ppm, I'll see what happen.

any idea of how I could make it nicer?

2. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Not bad, not bad at all. I'll just warn that you might have not given quite enough space to the stem plants-- in which case they might end up a bit cramped and hard to make into well developed bushes.

3. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

yeah, I tried less substrat at the front. there is about 3/4 inches at the front and more at the back. plants behind the rock are planted in flower pot so they have more substrat than it apear.