This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hemianthus callitrichoides

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by vlvtrope, Aug 5, 2008.

1. vlvtrope

vlvtrope Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:10 AM
    I want to plant Hemianthus callitrichoides as a foreground plant in my high-tech (55 gal, CO2, ferts, light 2 watt/gal). No one sells them here so am buying from reputable online store. How many of these should I buy? Do they come as individual plantlets or as a bunch? Can they be broken up and planted around the aquarium and allowed to spread and cover? Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    they usually come in small patches x by x, or in the little container pots. It really depends on how much you would like to grow and how fast. Most people typically plant little pieces every few inches in the area they want to fill in. Be warned that HC is difficult to get started, it often floats away. If you break it up its going to be somewhat difficult to handle, long tweezers are your best bet.

3. digiSalero

digiSalero Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I would grow them emmersed first. Then take samples of those to plant in your main aquarium. That way you have a continuous supply of HC for making mistakes in the learning process.