This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.
    Dismiss Notice

Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba'' eater

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by viejo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. viejo

viejo Prolific Poster

Jan 12, 2009
    3:16 AM
    As I've said in my tank's report, I have some Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba'' in my tank that has become a floating plant.

I like it a lot, not just because it lowers my light intensity (that's a lot for a non-CO2 tank), but because it keeps excess of nutrients out of the water colum by "eating" them (less algae chances).

But it's becoming a bit overcrowded. I have two ways to go now:
    - clean it a bit (a lot, at the pace it grows floating)
    - find an additional use for it (ie: feeding)

As being a lazy guy, I ever try to find an "automatic" solution for all my problems. In this case, finding a "cuba" eater will be the one here.

- medium size single fish
    - small sized group
    - not aggressive nor fin eater
    - not too much eater (I want to keep a fine "anticarpet" in my tank)

Can you think about a fish that fills those requirements? Or do I must start to throw some "cuba" out of my tank?

Thanks in advance,