This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help With Sump Setup And Co2

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by hani, Apr 15, 2018.

1. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:25 PM
    IMG_5389.JPG hi , after my 120 leaked, I was able to get a cadlight tank 92 gallon, came with a 32g sump. And the tank has corner overflow an drilled at the bottom.it has durso style plumping
    My old set up was with 3 canister ( nu clear) flters on one pump, and 2 AM 1000 reactor is separate pump.
    I never used a sump before I would like to try that , but am not sure how to set up, here is a picture of the sump , looks I may need to change the baffels arangment. Any one can help what to do.

2. i61164

i61164 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    This looks like a reef setup. I don’t see why the baffles would be a problem, but I think the durso style drain will off gas your co2 due to the turbulent flow in that drain. Maybe you could change that to a Herbie or Bean Animal so the drain is creating a siphon which has no turbulence. Is there only one hole in the tank?

3. hani

hani Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    2 holes the second for return, ithough herbie is durso plus emergency over flow
    Thanks

4. i61164

i61164 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    If one hole is a return, I assume you mean it’s outside of the overflow box. If both holes are inside the box you can set up a Herbie and the return can go over the edge of the tank. Herbie is better because of the “siphon” which returns water and no air to the sump. The Durso will be open to the air and I suspect it will release co2.

5. NotASpammerDude

NotASpammerDude New Member

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    herbie is not "durso plus emergency overflow" based on what I just looked up... Herbie has a gate valve on the primary, Durso does not.

Tags: