This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

help with struggling tank

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by jmazz11, Apr 26, 2012.

1. jmazz11

jmazz11 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    Ok here is my setup: 90gl tank, pressurized co2, 2 t5ho 54 watt and 2cfl 54 watt. The Ho are 6700k and the cfl are 8800 and 6700. Lights are on 8 hours a day. I use a fluval 405 with a surface skimmer and a powerhead to help with circulation and co2 distribution. Co2 drop.checker is light green with dkh4 solution. Ferts used are Ada green brighty lights daily and florin multi 2 times a week. 40% water change weekly. All I'm.trying to grow is Xmas moss java moss and dwarf hair grass. It's been in my tank for months and although it hasn't died it hasn't grown either. Has a little bba that I haven't been able to get rid of and of course the normal algae on the glass. My question is why I haven't experienced any growth. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:54 AM
    Was Hoping One of Them Smart Folk Who Knows Things Would Help

Hi,

Welcome.
    :excitement:

I am curious about the fish, well critters in the tank.
    :confused:

What kind of maintenance on the filter?

I will have to look up the tighty-brighty and Florin; well I seem to have nothing but trouble with Florin. Now you are telling me there are multi-Florins out there…

Just kidding, if you are still around let’s talk.
    :cool:

Biollante