Help with selecting a Solenoid

Blackstar65

Junior Poster
Oct 22, 2008
I bought 95%of a used Red Sea Pro deluxe kit. Long story short I got beat on the solenoid. The previous owner managed to snap the fittings that run the rough the solenoid magnets in half.
1551d858.jpg

21d21482.jpg

Red Sea doesn't sell replacement parts and after two days of scouring the CNE/ACL website (the makers of the solenoid) for the same model to buy the part I am having no luck. I only found some that were similar.

Can some one suggest a good solenoid valve that would work with this kit? Based on the fittings it appears that the solenoid is run in-line via co2 tubing. The input and output ends of the solenoid are barbed for hoses. i would like to run the new solenoid in-line as well. If you know the name of the broken part and where I can source a replacement that would be great. A new Red Sea Solenoid will cost me more than I paid for the whole set up. I know Red Sea isn't popular on this board based on comments I read in a post. I don't know why exactly though.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackstar65

Junior Poster
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks, I am slowly educating my self on pressurized set ups. What about a Burket? I would like one with a LED is its not to costly. I tried to read through the thread but their is too much side commentary to filter. I think the model is a 6011 with the Buna-N o-rings. Does it come with a power cord? If i have to buy a power cord which kind do I need to purchase? what do I need to have the LED function. I am in Maryland, so I know I need the 100-120V. But after that I am lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Blackstar65;63198 said:
Thanks, I am slowly educating my self on pressurized set ups. What about a Burket? I would like one with a LED is its not to costly. I tried to read through the thread but their is too much side commentary to filter. I think the model is a 6011 with the Buna-N o-rings. Does it come with a power cord? If i have to buy a power cord which kind do I need to purchase? what do I need to have the LED function. I am in Maryland, so I know I need the 100-120V. But after that I am lost.

Here is a "how-to" on wiring a solenoid. The solenoid that freshwater systems carries requires a DIN connector (with or without LED) and a power cord. Most of your specific questions should be answered in this thread:
http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/7783-How-to-wire-a-Burkert-type-6011-solenoid

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Blackstar65;63185 said:
I bought 95%of a used Red Sea Pro deluxe kit. Long story short I got beat on the solenoid. The previous owner managed to snap the fittings that run the rough the solenoid magnets in half.
... Can some one suggest a good solenoid valve that would work with this kit? Based on the fittings it appears that the solenoid is run in-line via co2 tubing. The input and output ends of the solenoid are barbed for hoses. i would like to run the new solenoid in-line as well. ...
This is why I mentioned the AquaMedic solenoid. It mounts to 1/4" OD tubing whereas the Burkert solenoid has 1/8" NPT threaded ports.