This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help with selecting a Solenoid

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Blackstar65, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Blackstar65

Blackstar65 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    5:35 AM
    I bought 95%of a used Red Sea Pro deluxe kit. Long story short I got beat on the solenoid. The previous owner managed to snap the fittings that run the rough the solenoid magnets in half.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red Sea doesn't sell replacement parts and after two days of scouring the CNE/ACL website (the makers of the solenoid) for the same model to buy the part I am having no luck. I only found some that were similar.

Can some one suggest a good solenoid valve that would work with this kit? Based on the fittings it appears that the solenoid is run in-line via co2 tubing. The input and output ends of the solenoid are barbed for hoses. i would like to run the new solenoid in-line as well. If you know the name of the broken part and where I can source a replacement that would be great. A new Red Sea Solenoid will cost me more than I paid for the whole set up. I know Red Sea isn't popular on this board based on comments I read in a post. I don't know why exactly though.

thanks.

#1 Blackstar65, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  2. Blackstar65

Blackstar65 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks, I am slowly educating my self on pressurized set ups. What about a Burket? I would like one with a LED is its not to costly. I tried to read through the thread but their is too much side commentary to filter. I think the model is a 6011 with the Buna-N o-rings. Does it come with a power cord? If i have to buy a power cord which kind do I need to purchase? what do I need to have the LED function. I am in Maryland, so I know I need the 100-120V. But after that I am lost.

#3 Blackstar65, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
  3. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Here is a "how-to" on wiring a solenoid. The solenoid that freshwater systems carries requires a DIN connector (with or without LED) and a power cord. Most of your specific questions should be answered in this thread:
    http://www.barrreport.com/showthread.php/7783-How-to-wire-a-Burkert-type-6011-solenoid

4. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    This is why I mentioned the AquaMedic solenoid. It mounts to 1/4" OD tubing whereas the Burkert solenoid has 1/8" NPT threaded ports.