This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with hatchet

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by feh, Jul 22, 2011.

1. feh

feh Guru Class Expert

Hmm... I had to yank one of my hatchets today. Little guy was having trouble swimming... not very alert. Kind of wobbly and not really showing signs of breathing hard. Just kind of wobbly and for lack of better description kinda floating around in the water like he has a bladder issue. No noticable signs of disease but I did see a small red line on the side of his belly. I'm wondering if he got rammed or something. Even just kind of circles around in place. I've noticed they have been kind of aggressive to each other. Darting at each other at times. Any ideas?

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Information?

Hi,

Ammonia spikes are the best bet, large water change, cut back on food clean any rotting plant material.:) Silver hatchet fish tend to be sensitive.

If it is not ammonia then it sounds like Red Pest:(, if it is you are going to have to treat the tank.

How long have you had the fish?

Tank information helps?

Quarantine procedure?

Biollante

3. JimG

JimG Prolific Poster

My bet is he jumped out of the water and got a mini-concussion on your tank cover.