This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help With 90gal Lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Rmerriett, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Rmerriett

Rmerriett Member

Local Time:
    6:52 PM
    Hello folks, im looking for some advice on lighting i need for medium to high light plants. I have a 90 gallon 48x18x24. This a tank fully stocked with rainbow fish and low light plants. Crypts, vals, anubias, and a few stems. Ludwigia, and rotalla. Plants are in pretty poor shape, and the tank is not as bright as id like. I want to be able to grow most plants. Stem plants and some lower carpeting plants. Im not looking for high light for plants such as baby tears. So i think id be happy being solid in the medium light range, where i can use EI dosing with ferts.

I currently have a single Current Satalite plus pro. Its a great light however low par at the substrate. Reports say around 30 or less par at the substrate. My question is, what lighting can i add to bump me into solidly into medium light range still using my one light i have without dropping another $300 on a second plus pro. Would adding a finnex light be sufficient to get me there? I do have concernes with them as there quality control seems to be lacking. Im also looking to be able to adjust intensity. Thanks for your help.