This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Help "Quick Primp" and L Repens (56K Warning)

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Safado, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Safado

Safado Junior Poster

I posted this on another forum, but am hoping for some pointers regarding my L Repens:

I have two questions.

First off there will be a little get together at my place next Monday, 10/03/2005. While my tank is in my basement, I can be pretty assured at least some of the 100 or so people will make it down to see it. What can I do to prepare it to look its best?

Second, what is going on with my L Repens. It has never grown well. At one point took a single cutting and placed it in the center of my tank. It has taken off. It is now doing better than the rest in the tank. I don't think it is getting more light, but everything else should be equal.

Here are the pics. They are linked to my blog/image hosting, so if you can't see them, you can click here: http://goodrichbloggers.blogspot.com/

Left Side:
    [​IMG]

Right side:
    This is where I am thinking of the biggest changes. I tried HC, but have seen ZERO growth in nearly a month. I am thinking of taking out the L Repens, and spreading out the Dwarf Hairgrass, or the Dwarf sag on this side.
    [​IMG]

Good L Repens closeup then full plant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hurting L Repens:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: Help "Quick Primp" and L Repens (56K Warning)

CO2 and CO2.

You can rule out light it looks like and if you do EI, then you can rule out the nutrients(there will be plenty of both).

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Safado

Safado Junior Poster

Is it too much CO2 then? I haven't heard of that, but the plant that is doing well is in the middle of the tank about two feet from the output. The deficient plant is very close to the output, and at times has Super Saturated water and CO2 bubbles flowing around it. How long would it take to recover from a deficiency? I have been dosing Mg for about two weeks, as I thought that could be it, but I can't figure out why the healthy plant wouldn't suffer from the same deficiency.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Well then light/substrate then if you feel the CO2 is not the issue.
    If the substrate is old, vac it good deep.
    Sometimes you will get sour spots in older substrates.
    Light is all that is left after that...............

Regards,
    Tom Barr