This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Help Mixing Macro/CSM+B solutions with Excel

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by Craig, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Craig

Craig New Member

Hello everybody,

I would love a sanity check of my first try mixing both a macro solution and a CSM+B solution with Seachem Excel. My question is really if my calculation for the amount of Excel is correct. The dry ferts quantities are straight from the Rotala Butterfly calculator with no changes. I have been dosing dry for several months now with great results. I have a vacation coming up so I will be using a dosing pump while I am gone. I am getting ready to begin the testing phase of the dosing pump. I arrived at the 10 mL dose as a way to also add a bit of water that will be lost to evaporation from the cooling fan. I do not have ATO. I may find I need to add more solution during testing. I am only really gone 11 days.

Is my Excel amount correct for my 5 gallon tank? I dose daily 0.5ml for general anti-algae properties. I run a GLA paintball CO2 system for the plants. This post explained it but I am still a bit confused on the Excel quantity. https://barrreport.com/threads/daily-dosing-with-dosing-pumps.12969/#post-127664

I figure with a 10mL daily dose my 500mL solutions will last ~7 weeks (500mL/70mL per week total dosing). Dosing is standard alternating days of macro and CSM+B.

Macro Solution:
    500ml container
    KNO3 11.57 grams (equivalent to 1 tsp + 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp + 1/16 tsp )
    KH2PO4 1.76 grams (equivalent to 1/4 tsp + 1/32 tsp + 1/64 tsp )

CSM+B Solution:
    500ml container
    Plantex CSM+B 2.9 grams (equivalent to 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp + 1/32 tsp )

For the Excel I am calculating:
    0.5 mL dose per day
    3.5 ml total dosed per week
    24.5 mL total dosed over 7 weeks or how long my solution will last

Am I correct to add 24.5 mL of Seachem Excel to each of my 500 mL solutions in order to dose 0.5 mL a day? If not how do I calculate this out. I really should have paid better attention in high school chemistry lol.

Thank you for reading and any help provided!

Craig