Help Me Test The Chat Module Friday March 18th

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
By now, some of you will have noticed a new menu option in the navigation bar at the top of the website ...

I've added Chat functionality to the website that is 100% integrated into the website ...

Chat is currently *disabled* for everyone as I finish testing it ... but I would like to invite anyone who is interested in helping test it to:

Join me this Friday Night at around 10:30 Central Time US for our first unofficial chat session ...​

Right now we have no "official" plans for the Chat functionality, so you can consider it an "Off Topic" feature ... i.e. for our Subscribers but unsupported ... for right now, just like this forum, you may find me in the Chat room, but you won't find Tom unless its an Official Scheduled Chat ...

Long term ... if our test goes well, I am sure you can see the potential ...

But for right now ... its an "Off Topic" kind of feature ...

I look forward to seeing you there Friday night ...

Thanks,
Greg

Laith

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Geneva, Switzerland
Re: Help Me Test The Chat Module Friday March 18th

No, I think it's around 05:30 European time (04:30 UK time) on Saturday. Well, I won't be participating! :eek:

He's talking about 10:30 *at night*... you know, 22:30, or as the Americans say, 10:30pm...

travdawg

Guru Class Expert
Feb 2, 2005

I wll try to pop in, but between Battlestar Galactica (WEWP!) and something else, I might not be able to make it.

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

travdawg said:
I wll try to pop in, but between Battlestar Galactica (WEWP!) and something else, I might not be able to make it.

For me, its Stargate at 7PM, Stargate Atlantis at 8PM, Battlesar Galactica at 9PM, dinner snack at 10PM, Red Green and Chat at 10:30 PM, Red Dwarf and Chat at 11PM, Dr. Who and Chat at 11:30 PM ...

It's SciFi Friday Night ...

Seriously, I pulled the testing time out of the air because I figured that if "something came up" I should be able to make it by then ... although my wife does a wonderful job of protecting my Friday nights from interruptions ...

I doubt we could reach any kind of a concensus ... but I am open to suggestions for an alternative time ...

Greg

Paul

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Droitwich, UK

well, its 8 pm here now, I would stay up till 2am if it was a friday or a saturday night?

Or do it on a saturday afternoon for you lot, so no one is at work?

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005

travdawg said:

Me too, best Sci-fi show, yet!

Bill

jonathan11

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005

Will try to make it.

Walter

JadeButterfly

Guru Class Expert
Jan 23, 2005

i think i should be able to make it..

so what is that in EST? about 1am?

turbomkt

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
San Diego, Ca

Time conversion...

1030 CST is the same as:
2330 EST (East Coast)
2030 PST (West Coast)
0430 GMT (Greenwich Mean Time or Zulu)

If you don't do 24hr time, subtract 12 from the hours if greater than 12.

travdawg

Guru Class Expert
Feb 2, 2005

I dont watch anything on the Sci Fi channel, I think most of it is real crap... I mean come on MANSQUITO!?!?!? BLAH!!!

But I have been really impressed with just about every episode of BSG. Good writing & great acting.

fosteder

Guru Class Expert
Feb 3, 2005
Rochester, NH

I can probaby make the chat....if I can pull myself away from the Xbox.....(when the wife's away the mice will play xbox...alll night) :D

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

Ok ...

I've received more requests to change the time that I will probably have people actually show up ...

Official time is still 10:30 PM Central Time (that's 22:30 CST for those that like military time ) ...

However ... unofficially ... the chat room will open around 5:00 PM Central Time, and I will do my very best to be there by 7:00 PM Central Time (19:00 CST) ...

Greg

travdawg

Guru Class Expert
Feb 2, 2005

Any ETA on when the chat will be live for real Greg?

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

travdawg said:
Any ETA on when the chat will be live for real Greg?

Chat is live right now ... if by "for real" you mean any "scheduled" events" ... we do not have any planned right at the moment. It's technology that I am testing for our future use ... and if you caught my note at the beginning of this thread ... for now, it can be considered an "off topic" kind of feature, one that our subscribers can make use of any way they see fit with or without me ....

The only thing I can promise right at the moment, is that you might find me there from time to time, but you won't find Tom there unless it is a scheduled event ...

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Thanks to everyone who helped test ... I now have a pretty good "todo" list of things that need to be tweaked on it ...