This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help dial in LED lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Righteous, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Righteous

Righteous Subscriber

Local Time:
    3:00 AM
    I'm having some difficulty / concerns with dialing in my LED light above my tank. The light is a AI Hydra 26 that I used to use over my reef tank. It's fully configurable and I think it has a good set of LEDs. The unit has the following LEDS:

6 Cool White (CREE XP-G2)

6 Royal Blue (CREE XT-E)

6 Deep Blue (OSRAM)

2 Violet 415nm (SEMILED)

2 UV 405nm (SEMILED)

2 Deep Red (OSRAM)

2 Green (CREE XP-E2)

Currently I've got it set to 28% Cool White & Red, 8% Green, 2% Violet, 6% UV, 0% Blues. The light has a good spread. Does the spectrum seem okay, or should I really be getting a different light? I've tried using the light calculator on this site... it's computing about 100 PAR (i have to select BML 30 degree, even though this has 80 degree optics.. that's based on comparing PAR and settings from other Hydra users with reef tanks). At this setting is seem rather dim... but I am used to lighting a reef so that could be part of it. I had it at higher settings for a while and things were growing, but I noticed some green algae starting on the rocks, so I lowered it to this (I'm doing CO2 and EI dosing)

[​IMG]

#1 Righteous, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2017