This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help! Auto water change system

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Ryan Curtis, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Ryan Curtis

Ryan Curtis Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:56 PM
    I recently have purchased a large site that sells freshwater shrimp,

I would like to have all my tanks on an auto water change system, I would like to be able to use tap water with this system.

one hole in the tank with a bulkhead and that is used as the drain, then using drip irrigation I drip the water in at 2-4 gph and have it set on a sprinkler control box which I can have turn on for 2 hours or so at a time (or whatever I pick)

I run the water though a large carbon media which my water company setup for me, However water coming from the tap is 1.0ppm Ammonia which I am afraid will kill my shrimp.

Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of this ammonia?

the sprinkler control box will have two controllers one for the shrimp system and the other for my plant system and another for my fish system,

however I am just worried about my shrimp,

please give me some advice!

#1 Ryan Curtis, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014