This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Help!!! Advice Needed.

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Lazy999, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Lazy999

Lazy999 New Member

Local Time:
    12:44 AM
    Guys,

I just change my regulator metering valve to a swagelok low flow with vernier handle.

I try slide in the nut and the front / back ferrules as the pic shows. But the co2 tubing can slide out from the nut after i tighten it. Its kind of loose when the co2 tubing go through the front/back ferrules.

How should i go about tighten it?
    Please advice me.

=(

IMG-20181004-WA0001.jpg

2. X3NiTH

X3NiTH New Member

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    The diameter of your tubing (4mm) doesn't match the diameter of the outlet you are trying to connect with, the conical ferrule when fitted should be on tight enough that it pinches the tubing and can only be removed by cutting the tubing. You're going to need a reducing connection for the outlet to fit your 4mm tubing or replace the tubing with a larger diameter (you'll need a reducing adaptor no doubt for the other end if it connects to a device that uses a 4mm connector).

Knowing the part number of what you have lets us look up the dimensional tolerances to give exact answers.

Swagelocks' Installers Pocket Guide to Tube Fittings

3. Lazy999

Lazy999 New Member

Local Time:
    I just check. My swagelok metering valve ss-ss4-a-vh connector is 1/4inch (6.35mm)
    My tubing is 6mm. That explain why its loose.
    If i get a 6mm ferrules set, does its work?
    Or should i get the swagelok tube insert ss-6m5-4m for my tube?

4. Lazy999

Lazy999 New Member

Local Time:
    Update; went down to swagelok and they advice me to get a reducer ss-6m0-r-4 for it.

Asked them can i just get a 6mm ferrules set and make do with it. They said not adviseble to do so due to the different measurement matrix.

Although 1/4 and 6mm is very close. Difference of 0.35mm only.

Anyone using the low flow angle valve ss-ss4-a-vh? Care to share wat mm ur ferrules is?

5. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:44 PM
    Always use furrules for the valve. The compression fittings are based on a metal to metal seal and if you use incorrect furrules, you will have leak. If the tube is just about snug, you can tighten it and it will form a seal as you tighten. Other option would be to get a barb to compression fitting and then attach the tube to the barb.

Tags: