This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Don Harris, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Don Harris

Don Harris New Member

Local Time:
    4:08 PM
    Hi everyone. My name is Don Harris. I have been lurking here for a really long time. I have been keeping planted tanks and fish for about 10 years. In 2014, I had 23 tanks (I was breeding angelfish). Then we moved and I got rid of everything. I had one planted tank with fish that was done in Dutch style. It was my pride and joy. Then we moved again. I set up four tanks at the home we are in now but the well water is LOADED with iron - so much so that red dust precipitates and settles on everything. After a while I gave up and sold everything. I recently set up a 20 long planted tank, with a little aquascaping and 12 ember tetras. I started with our well water and in 3 days the red dust appeared. So now I am using Walmart Primo water (the 39 cent/gal water up front). Hoping this is the answer to my red nightmare. Everything seems to be doing well.

We have a pond out back and I pulled some Ludwigia (I assume palustris), Diodia virginiana and another tiny plant I haven't identified yet, and put them in the tank after a good washing and peroxide bath. I am using a Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC light and Safe-T-Sorb from Tractor Supply for substrate. I'm using DIY CO2 and have had a little algae start up. So I'm starting to look at putting a pressurized system together. I am dosing Seachem Flourish and Excel right now. I have always dosed a full regimen from Seachem and was happy with it and will most likely go that route again.

I look forward to joining in the conversations here and learning an enormous amount from all of you. Thanks for the help you have already given me for many years!

DeepMetropolis likes this.
Tags: