This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Steve Tousignant, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Steve Tousignant

Steve Tousignant New Member

Local Time:
    4:56 PM
    Hello everyone,

Still learning as much as I can. Currently have a 75 gallon, a 375 gallon and 125 gallon high tech tanks as well as a 10 gallon low tech crystal red shrimp tank.

20180820_220002.jpg

20180824_204928.jpg

20180714_084219.jpg

20180718_131844.jpg

2. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:56 PM
    Hello Steve, nice scapes :)

Steve Tousignant likes this.
  3. Steve Tousignant

Local Time:
    Thanks, Tim!

4. Mike Workman

Mike Workman Subscriber

Local Time:
    Hi Steve - great 'scapes. Love the Shrimp - great collection. I assume you started with a few and they bred? Mine have a way of doing that - well the Cherry's. Do you have to cull out the variants to keep them pure?

5. Steve Tousignant

Local Time:
    Thanks, Mike. I started with a pretty decent sized colony that was loaded with juvies a handful of months ago. Seems as though many of them matured about the same time. They are considered 'mischlings' as the group throws an occasional red-wine and black-bee. They are also all quality grades. I haven't thinned anyone out yet, I actually enjoy the variety!

6. Mike Workman

Mike Workman Subscriber

Local Time:
    Interesting - thanks for the reply. I noticed over the years that my Cherry shrimp will produce fire red, and crap red, all the way toward nearly colorless. If I had a shrimp only tank where I could get at them, I would cull them to keep the strain pure. In a 360, that is literally impossible...

I have a buddy that has those deep blue shrimp with the orange eyes - great shrimp but they like it kind of cool and mixing them into a normal tank doesn't work so well. They are quite striking though.

M

Tags: