Hello! Starting Up Again From Iowa

SpiritualEngr

Aug 27, 2018
Des Moines, Iowa
Hello Everyone,

I had several tanks years back and frequented The Planted Tank forums. 7+ years ago I moved from Montana to Iowa. I didn't want to risk moving all my tanks so I sold them off before the move with the plan to get a fresh start here in Iowa. What do they say about the best laid plans. Settling into our new life, work and young kids put off my return to this hobby. I recently got the itch to startup again, much to my wife's chagrin. Agreeing to start small picked up a new 20 long during Petco's recent $1/gallon sale and a stand off a local Facebook swap group. I did keep a box of various equipment, lights, pumps, filters, heaters, and some dry ferts. I dug that out and cleaned up and reused what I could and tossed and replaced what I couldn't. My CO2 regulator has been getting used at the occasional block party...haha.

I have been enjoying getting back into the swing of things. Reading the old forums and dusting off and re-remembering all the stuff I used to know off hand. It seems the hobby has got more spread out in the last 7 years.

Right now the tank is up and running. Making sure the filter and heater are working the way they are suppose to. My son and I drove around to a few stores yesterday and pick out some plants to get started with and looked at some possible future inhabitants as well. I still need to get the CO2 setup and get setup for dosing.

If you are still here. Thanks for reading this wall of text. I'll most likely be starting up a tank journal as well. Hopefully I'll remember to come back here and drop a link.