This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello! Starting Up Again From Iowa

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SpiritualEngr, Aug 27, 2018.

1. SpiritualEngr

SpiritualEngr New Member

Local Time:
    6:45 PM
    Hello Everyone,

I had several tanks years back and frequented The Planted Tank forums. 7+ years ago I moved from Montana to Iowa. I didn't want to risk moving all my tanks so I sold them off before the move with the plan to get a fresh start here in Iowa. What do they say about the best laid plans. Settling into our new life, work and young kids put off my return to this hobby. I recently got the itch to startup again, much to my wife's chagrin. Agreeing to start small picked up a new 20 long during Petco's recent $1/gallon sale and a stand off a local Facebook swap group. I did keep a box of various equipment, lights, pumps, filters, heaters, and some dry ferts. I dug that out and cleaned up and reused what I could and tossed and replaced what I couldn't. My CO2 regulator has been getting used at the occasional block party...haha.

I have been enjoying getting back into the swing of things. Reading the old forums and dusting off and re-remembering all the stuff I used to know off hand. It seems the hobby has got more spread out in the last 7 years.

Right now the tank is up and running. Making sure the filter and heater are working the way they are suppose to. My son and I drove around to a few stores yesterday and pick out some plants to get started with and looked at some possible future inhabitants as well. I still need to get the CO2 setup and get setup for dosing.

If you are still here. Thanks for reading this wall of text. I'll most likely be starting up a tank journal as well. Hopefully I'll remember to come back here and drop a link.

Tags: