This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I Hope I Can Find A Home Here. I Am Hopeful.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by michael f., Jan 22, 2020.

1. michael f.

michael f. New Member

Local Time:
    1:46 PM
    Hello everyone, my name is Mike. I'm from Maryland. While I do have a planted tank, well 5. I forgot about my plant farm tanks, just thought about my original planted tank with fish, a real one. The other tanks are a 2.5 2.5 2.5 5 two 10's and a 20. I am consolidating the 2.5 and 2.5 and...other 2.5 and maybe the 5g to the 20gL. I was into planted tanks for a while then I got into more natural planted tanks. Now it's something different.

For the past 3-4 years and intensely the last year I have been researching freshwater ecosystems and how they function. I make closed aquatic ecosystems (CAES's) semi professionally. I sell them locally through word of mouth. I don't make big bucks but it supports my habit a little bit.

They are 1/2g to 1g glass jars. No fish go in them, a few bladder snails though. They are under development I plan to "release" an official one in September, just thought I'd give myself something to aim for. A closed aquatic ecosystem (or a no-fish-sealed-aquarium, if you prefer) brings new challenges to the planted tank hobby -nutrient recycling, plant respiration vs soil respiration ratios, creating my own soil with the optimal carbon to nitrogen ratio and organic matter content etc etc among many others. And while nobody can design a closed-to-matter ecosystem that can get around the laws of entropy it is still fun to think about.

2. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:46 PM
    Welcome!
    Maryland too!