Hello From Elk Grove, Ca.

Lilyann

Jul 2, 2018
Elk Grove, California
Im happy to have found this site, a lot of information here that is helpful to a beginner such as myself at keeping plants in the aquarium/aquascaping. Both are, indeed, complex--- and Im finding that the learning curve for grasping all this is steeper than I anticipated :)

I am not new to aquariums, however. I have been keeping fish for 28 years ( 1-3 tanks running continuously). It is a life-time hobby for me. But, in last year have been adding plants--- with many losses along the way.

Right now I have a 60 gallon discus tank with Stendker "Tefe" discus and an F1 Alenquer pair. I have it planted, is low-tech, and hope to learn some aquascaping techniques to make it look better.

I have a 180 gallon tank, this is also low-tech, with all wild fish: geophagus sveni and neambi, biotoma cupido and wavirini, corydoras equi, and various rare African tetras. The plants are doing okay ( its hard to keep stem plants in substrate when you have eartheaters moving soil all day) but, hope to learn better techniques for plant care and aquascaping to make it better.

Also have a 30 gallon ( a tank that has been running for quite a while) that I am in the process of rescaping. It has 12 hyphessobrycon nigricinctus and 4 Mikrogeophagus altispinosus. I have purchased some seiryu stone for this tank, but am out of my comfort zone on just how to place the stones. Hoping to look around here for inspiration.

Phishless

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2017
Arnold, MD
I saw Cory & Discus in that list.
@ least I knew two of the phish:D.

What plants do you have?
I'll be familiar with those names.

Any pics, discus are typically beautiful phish.

Welcome!

Reactions: Lilyann

Lilyann

Jul 2, 2018
Elk Grove, California
Hello Phishless!
I tried to post pics but for some reason it wouldnt let me. Maybe because I dont have enough posts?

In the 60 gallon:

Microsorum pteropus
Valisneria spiralis and leopard
anubias butterfly
Nymphea Sulphurea Okeechobee

In 180 gallon

Echinodorus "Frans Stoffel," Bleheri, and Ozelot
Valisneria spiralis and Leopard
anubias hastifolia, nana, pinto ( moving to 30 gallon)
Microsorum pteropus standard leaf and needle-leaf
Lagenandera meeboldii ( not doing well)

Reactions: Phishless

Lilyann

Jul 2, 2018
Elk Grove, California
The 60 gallon cube aquarium w/ discus:
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2270.JPG

Reactions: Phishless

Allwissend

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2016
www.intuitiveaqua.net
Lilyann, youar aquariums and fish are top. Very nice. Hope you find the inspiration and information you need here to take your scaping to the next level. Lovely discus.

Reactions: Lilyann