This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello From California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shoulan, Jan 28, 2019.

1. shoulan

shoulan New Member

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    I keep ending up here when I google stuff so I might as well make an account. Haha.

I got my first tank a few years ago, after seeing a big tank of GloFish at a pet expo. So I bought a 29g, a light with blue LEDs, some GloFish danios and albino corys... and then I fell in love with planted tanks. Lol. Did the DIY co2 for a bit, but got lazy. The light wasn't strong enough to grow some of the plants that I wanted. Worse, when I went on vacation for like 2 weeks, my friend misunderstood the feeding instructions... and my tank has been plagued by algae ever since. After dumping a lot of money down the drain, I kinda lost interest for a while.

Recently decided to downsize and start again, so now I also have a 15g that I'm running, with a better light, and pressurized co2. I'm down to 1 lone danio still hanging in there somehow, and 6 amano shrimps, all waiting to get moved over once I get the new tank settled. (Ran into yet another vacation/algae disaster, but I'll make a separate post about that later.) Eventually I'm planning to get a school of cardinal tetras and some shrimps. Possibly some pygmy corys.

I'm hoping to grow some more interesting plants this time around, though so far it hasn't been going well... I like a lot of red plants, and I've definitely hopped onto the buce bandwagon as well. Looking forward to learning as much as I can here to help me take better care of my plants!

Tim Harrison likes this.
  2. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
  3. shoulan

shoulan New Member

Local Time:
    7:25 AM
    Thank you!

Tags: