This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hello From Bc, Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kerullen, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Kerullen

Kerullen New Member

Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    Hi guys. I am brand new to Aquascaping hobby. 2 months ago I started 50L tank with rocks from ocean and Monte Carlo Micranthemum. After first month, algae started to come out. Since then I am still fighting algaes.

2. CRS Fan

CRS Fan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:12 AM
    Welcome from BC. I’m in Vancouver. I wouldn’t recommend using “ocean rocks” in a freshwater tank. They are typically calcium/carbonate based and will wreak havoc on your GH/KH in most freshwater tanks. I would pull out the rocks and find more suitable options. As far as algae goes, tank parameters, equipment list, dosing, and pictures would help with giving a more articulate corrective procedure (if needed).

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 CRS Fan, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
    SudhirR likes this.
  3. Kerullen

Kerullen New Member

Local Time:
    6:12 PM
    Hey Stuart,
    Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the late reply, I just thought my message fall on deaf ears that's why I didn't pay attention. My tank dimensions are 500X330X340 mm., light is Aqueon
    Hey Stuart. Thank you for your response. I am sorry for the late reply, I just thought my post fell on deaf ears, and that is why I didn't pay attention after a couple of days. I was able to remove GSA and now I have diatoms. It covers all Monte Carlo and rocks. My tank's dimensions are 500x330x340mm., light Aqueon Planted Aquarium Clip-On LED, Neo CO2, AquaClear A610. Water parameters are GH 5, KH 2, pH 6.8, TDS 125. Dosing Tropico Specialized Nutrition 4ml every day (just started). Water change 50%-60% every week. Wildlife 3 otocinclus, 3 Amano shrimps and 2 Danio Zebras (these bustards harras all other creatures in my tank). When it comes to light, I know that is shitty light, but I have these diatoms just now, after 3 months of doing good, except GSA. I don't know about Tropico fert, I hope it will help me. The way how I removed GSA is that I put 5ml of Flourish Excel for 3 days straight and left for another 2 days (Filipe method).

Tags: