Hello Everyone!

Dusk

Feb 23, 2020
Undah da sea
Hi I've been in and out of the hobby for about 20 years keeping different types of systems from freshwater, brackish and marine. I'm no means and expert on anything but fishkeeping has always been enjoyable for me. Recently I've got into planted tanks which has invigorated my interest in freshwater and eventually led me here.

About a month ago I started to add plants to an established tank that has been running for years. Definitely a challenge not to muck it up and crash the system but I think things have stabilized now in this old 30gal tank. I suppose it is low tech, med/high light that is heavily planted with a variety of stem plants, mosses and a little carpet. This is set up so I can learn more about growing aquatic plants but aquascaping is another aspect I'm interested in. I'm in the process of setting up a small dirted tank to get familiar with dry starting and low budget methods. Eventually I hope to have the tools to set up a large planted tank in the future.

Anyhow I'm glad to find this forum and am thankful for all the info being shared here. Going to lurk and catch up on threads, maybe even start up a journal too.