Hello All!

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I've been lurker for some time now and have yet to post. I figured with the new site and all, this would be a great time to start actually participating.

I've been into planted tanks for about a year or so now and I like many have learned so much from this site. Members like burr740 and Pikez have taken this hobby to the next level with their journals.

My current setup is a 75gal with AS, 6 bulb Tek light and Co2. My inspiration has come from burr's old 75gal journal. I guess you could say my style is "modified Dutch" but in reality I just like seeing if I can grow as many different plants as I can get my hands on. My tank usually ends up with random plants all over the place.

I am currently setting up a rack with a few 40B's so I can do some "experimenting" with different plants. I plan on starting a journal once I get things up and running.

BTW I am in Canada. Any other Canadians in the group?

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Thanks @Pikez. Trust me I would love to be an American, only from a hobby prospective though...... Most of your guys tanks have species I've never seen offered for sale or trade here in Canada.

@Jason Thanks and pictures will be coming, of both my 75g and my newest project. I'm just starting to collect items to start a rack with a couple of 40B's as grow out/experimental tanks. In reality its for me to satisfy my need to collect and try to grow as many different species as I can.

Reactions: Pikez

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Hey slipfinger, nice to see you here. Looking forward to the pics :)

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Thanks @burr740 I tried to post a pic here last night but its says I might be posting spam or something to that fact. I know my tank is far from perfect, but its never been called spam before!

burr740

Micros Spiller
Feb 16, 2015
Thanks @burr740 I tried to post a pic here last night but its says I might be posting spam or something to that fact. I know my tank is far from perfect, but its never been called spam before!
Hah, potted meat!

Might need 5 posts or something, probably a spam deterrent. Just guessing

Lots of default settings currently with the new software that will probably get changed soon. Jason is hard at work on all that

Do a journal when you can

Jason King

barrreport.com
Staff member
Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
UK
barrreport.com

Hi

You should be ok with uploading attachments and posting external images?

Can you try again please as I need to check this.

Create a thread in the journals forum and I'll keep an eye on it.

The only protection this time is that new members require two posts before they can post a link.

Thanks

slipfinger

Article Editor
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Article Editor
Jul 23, 2016
Just a quick pic of my 75g as it currently sits June 25th. There's no rhyme or reason to plant placement at all. To be honest I've never really concentrated on the scaping side of things. I more enjoy collecting different plants and watching them grow or not..... You'll note the stunting on the Rotala wallichii and a few other plants around the tank. I stopped dosing micros a week ago and both the Hygrophila "somethings" on the left side of the tank have really started to complain about it.

Pikez

Rotala Killer!
May 12, 2013
Close (but not too close) to LA
Hey that's very Burrian. Or is it Burrish?

R. wallichii stunting is probably due to someone sneezing in the vicinity of the tank. Lots of reasons why this plant stunts. Too little traces can stunt it too, so you can't trace detox and wonder why it is stunting. Does OK in low-tech tanks though, for me and many.