HC stands stll

ibanezfrelon

Guru Class Expert
May 18, 2010
croatia
_mg_4579.jpg
In my 70lit iwagumi everything is growing like crazy accept HC, i have a feeling it just stands still and not spreading at all.
i thought it was the Amano shrimps that pulls it out and covers it with gravel, but that's not the only reason, it really looks like it's not spreading.
The entire supstrate is covered with tiny leaves but they just don't want to go out and make a carpet.
I have a lighting hood with 2x125W vtf bulbs that are very bright, but the hood is lifed very high, 100cm from the supstrate. Aldo, i have taken out one bulb few weeks ago to see if lowering the light would make the HC go up , but nothing changed.
The CO2 is on the edge of my Amano's flipping over, 2 bps , Rhinox and than powerhead.

I have put a few peaces of HC from my emersed cultivation and those peaces of HC started to pearl very strong for a day or two and than stopped .

The water is KH4-7 and GH4-7.
I dose full EI and mgso4.

i don't know what to do anymore, any suggestions?

GillesF

Nov 1, 2010
Antwerp, Belgium
Since your co2 seems ok, I would try lowering your light a bit and see what effect it has on your HC and dose some more nutritients (to keep up with the increased demand). It will take some time for your HC to adapt though