This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hc Dsm Problems

Discussion in 'Emmersed / Wabi Kusa' started by King_Fuzz, Jan 3, 2021.

1. King_Fuzz

King_Fuzz New Member

Local Time:
    2:54 AM
    Hello, I know there are tons of threads about DSM HC. I've looked at countless threads but can't seem to get an answer for my particular scenario. I started a DSM in my 12g long. I've done a DSM with HC and EWC before and had outstanding results.

The problem I'm having is if I mist too much I get the white cottony mold/fungus (not sure what it is exactly). It seems like if I mist too little the plants dry up and most of them seem to be dying off. I've tried 100% covered, no cover, and almost every other way imaginable. I went ahead and ordered another tissue culture to restart. I plan on doing a short DSM with the new plants as I do have a Co2 system and have read that DSM is sort of pointless with unlimited Co2 access. But I want to avoid mold/fungus and the drying up for the first week while the plants get rooted. What am I doing wrong? I tried H202 and that seemed to kill the cottony invader, but I really slowed down on misting water to avoid it.

Specs:
    HC Cuba Tissue culture
    12g Long
    Finnex Planted+ 24/7 CC on 11 hours(possible problem?)
    ADA Amazonia