This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hallo from Germany

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Allwissend, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    Hi all, lurker here for some years. After a big move I had little time to maintain tanks but now that winter has come, it is time to let the white walkers roam outside while I focus on the plants.

I have been in the hobby for 20 years now, although most of that time was spent as an innocent kid thinking phosphates are the cause of algae and wondering why my guppies vanished after adding that goldfish.

I can safely say EI saved many plants in my aquarium. At the same time I see there is room for improvement and am glad to see many members here willing to take things further with their own observational tanks and even controlled experiments. Great to learn form y'all. I am a microbiologist and epidemiologist by profession so there is some natural curiosity.

Oh, and I've been known to rant, if it happens to something you said..I am sorry. It is almost always about the topic at hand not the person. And please understand it is my #1 work avoidance technique... so have mercy let a man relax :)

All that said, here's to better plants and jaw dropping aquascapes.

Cheers,
    Allwissend

2. Pikez

Pikez Rotala Killer!
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    7:32 PM
    Welcome! What shall we argue about? :)

burr740, Mike k and Phishless like this.
  3. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    Thanks for the welcome everybody.

@Pikez - Just doing my warm up, I have do a little work to get to argue with a level boss ;) - The rotala killer :eek:squasher of all Lythraceae seedlings:eek::eek:

PS: Since this is the only time I see the site as a newb, I noticed a little inconsistency:

On the top banner:
    You need to make 2 posts before you can post links into posts, why not start by introducing yourself!

On the banner before the new post box:
    You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Mike k and burr740 like this.
  4. Tim Harrison

Tim Harrison Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hello Allwissend :)

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Well, you get points for figuring out that you should tweak a dosing routine. Hardly anything worth arguing. But does not stop some.

Tags: