This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

halimeda vs caulerpa

Discussion in 'Marine Plants - Macroalgae' started by mujacko2002, Mar 24, 2008.

1. mujacko2002

mujacko2002 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    4:30 AM
    Happy Easter to all.

I would just like to know your ideas/opinions/stand regarding the use of caulerpas vs halimedas in aquariums. I've read/browsed over the internet that some people are really against the use of caulerpas (even to the point of a very famous person in the sphere of marine-keeping even said the word "yuck") in the tank because its so invasive and has a high-prevalence of polluting the tank due to its vulnerability to go asexual easily. All in all it somehow gives me an idea that it has more bad than good thing to bring into your aquarium. So what's your story about this...

waiting to be enlightened

Godbless