This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

hagen natural system thoughts?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by botb2, Oct 2, 2014.

1. botb2

botb2 New Member

Local Time:
    4:03 AM
    Anyone have experience with this co2 system? I know it's nowhere as good as a pressurized system but in terms of a starting ground is this a waste of money? I'm thinking of this as a low budget option in case my excel experiments fail as since using excel I've had 3 fish deaths that aren't confirmed to be excel related. Any thoughts or reviews would help and also if you do use it what's the monthly cost to maintain it?

2. PhilipS

PhilipS Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    8:03 PM
    Without excel, what are your pH and KH levels?

A natural systems is a balance between plants and fish and no CO2 tanks.

A good low budget option is buying used CO2 systems or at least a 24oz paint bottle, regulator, and CO2 glass diffuser set up.

You'll have more stability in the aquarium with a regulator than using excel.

- - - Updated - - -

Without excel, what are your pH and KH levels?

A natural systems is a balance between plants and fish and no CO2 tanks.

A good low budget option is buying used CO2 systems or at least a 24oz paint bottle, regulator, and CO2 glass diffuser set up.

You'll have more stability in the aquarium with a regulator than using excel.