This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Had to Take Some Time Off...

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by thegasman, Jun 5, 2017.

1. thegasman

thegasman Subscriber

Local Time:
    3:32 AM
    Hello Everyone,

Due to a move and some health issues a few years ago, I had to shut down my planted tanks. Im happy to report that things are finally getting back to normal.

I look forward to learning what has changed, and what hasn't changed in this awesome hobby.

I now live close to a great resource/ aquarium shop, My re entry into the hobby will be an easy to keep low light tank with a beta fish. Gotta start slow for now.

Anyway, glad to be back. Here are my tanks before I had to tear them down. Fully EI tanks, fully automated with dosing pumps, auto top off, etc... Nothing special, but I enjoyed them.

I have a bit of regulator and CO2 knowledge, so feel free to ask me questions. Thanks and have a good one.

2. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    welcome back!

3. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Welcome back gasman :) good to know things are better.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

4. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    What has changed in the past few years for me is discovering how much I enjoy having a low medium light tank, with DIY CO2. I have learned that if I use Excel (actually Metricide 14, which is very similar) along with the DIY CO2 I get healthy, relatively fast growing plants, with almost no algae problems. The absence of algae problems makes my tank a very enjoyable hobby instead of a frustrating, headache. And, I can prune weekly to bi-weekly, instead of every 3 days as I had to with my last high light tank. This isn't the best idea for everyone, but for me it is.[​IMG]

Jason King and LRJ like this.