Hach DR890 - willing to loan out

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi all,

I have Hach DR890 meter that I bought awhile back used and am embarrased to say that I have not used it :eek:

In defence I plead that I am now experienced enough for MY SETUP to guage fish, plants, and overall tank health to determine what is going on.

I find simple EI using simple teaspoons dumped in a cup of water, stirred, and dumped in the tank the easiest dosing scheme in the world. I find I no longer CARE what the actual values are, and maybe as I no longer really have issues.. Is there a correlation there??? lol

PAR was another matter and I am still trying to justify purchasing a c02 meter..

Anyhoo....

So, I would be willing to ship/lend it to SOME members, or to fish clubs, etc. This is a case by case basis.

I would not like it to be out more than 2-4 weeks (even though I don't use it) and would than like it returned. Just do not send back COD! I feel that is sufficient time but am willing to extend for clubs.

I just ask repayment for the shipping out, take care of it well, and I am unsure about shipping it out of the country.

I will insure it during shipping and ask that others do the same.

I can supply the meter and two of the measurement vials, but all other testing equipment is supplied BY YOU.

Please PM me if interested.

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Good Idea

Hi Gerry,

You are the nicest guy. :)

A great idea, I have seen it tried a time or two, if it works out I have a few pieces of test equipment, I would be willing and able to part with.

I think I would like to see a little more formality. Perhaps we (and when I say “we,” I of course mean you), could figure a way to run this thing and keep track. I think there are probably enough members (subscribers?) to help move various equipment around a given area or region. Some of the equipment I have might take a little serious effort to learn and understand.

In addition, in some cases there are expendables that go along with the actual testing. ;)

ORP meters are good example of something that is cheap to use, but requires an amount of care, in particular the probes. I have two ORP meters and a pen I might well be willing to share with subscribers anyway, if a structure is developed.

I wonder if other members of the esteemed Plant Guru Team might wish to weigh in on this. :)

I think as a matter of good faith the parties should pay up front for round trip shipping, including insurance as appropriate, easily done with UPS and I think FedEx and any supplies required. :)

Biollante