This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Growing HC trimmings

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by raun, Jan 20, 2008.

1. raun

raun Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    Whenever a leaf or tiny steam of my HC breaks off and floats to the top (usually because the fish are playing in it) the floating pieces develop roots in a few days. I usually get a small net full of single clovers with roots each week. Any suggestions on how to replant these in the substrate.

I'm currently trying to bury the under a 1/4 inch of sand in a 1 gallon hospital tank and hopefully I can get a solid bunch out in few weeks.

Any other suggestions?

2. creighton

creighton Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I've just been slightly covering the smaller pieces with a "dusting" of eco-complete. What substrate are you using?

3. raun

raun Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I have a little of everything laying around: ASA, eco-complete, plain ole sand, probably some others. I also have some plastic cross-stitch canvas that might help too.