This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Growing glosso

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Cardinal74, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Cardinal74

Cardinal74 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:57 PM
    Hi guys,

My tank size is approx 18"L X 18"W X 20"D. I am using a 36W 6500K light, water temp is around 30 degrees. For soil, i am using ADA soil. I have recently planted (5 days to be exact) some Glosso plants, i notice top part of the leaves are green while the lower part of the leaves are turning pale yellow. Is this an idictation of lack of some minerals like iron? Please advise

Thanks

2. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    can you give us some more info about your tank? What do you use for ferts? How often do you dose? are you using co2?

3. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Your tank is about a 28 gallon tank, according to my calculation, and you have 36 watts of light, with an unknown reflector. That is about 1.3 watts per gallon, but the tank is a 20 inch deep tank, which is more than usual for that size. So, your effective watts per gallon is less than 1.3. I suspect you just don't have enough light, and unless you have CO2, the glosso isn't likely to do well in any case. Can you tell us more - about your fertilizing, CO2, type of reflector or light fixture, etc.?

4. Cardinal74

Cardinal74 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hi, currently i am using BrightyK Green and Brighty K step 1 as fert. i dose about 10ml every each morning. Yes i am using pressurized CO2 system. Is this sufficient? Thanks

5. Cardinal74

Cardinal74 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I am using illummax compact 1.5ft PL light together with aluminium reflector. Setup also include a pressurized CO2 system and as for fert, i am using BrightK Green and Brighty K step 1.

6. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Relax and wait.
    5 Days will not do much until established, about 2 weeks or so.
    Then watch out. The plant will grow rapidly from then on even at low light, which you will be glad you have later.

Have a little patience with most foreground plants, they grow fast after 2 weeks or so.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

7. Cardinal74

Cardinal74 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks Tom and all for your tips and advice.