Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
This is what reef folks and several others have done recently:

"I have confirmed with Apogee that they would be willing to discount the meter again for another group buy as long as we can get together a minimum order of 40 units.

Chuck Harrison, 2009

This email certifies that we have negotiated pricing with you regarding a group-buy of our quantum meters. The pricing for this quantity is deeply discounted to 40% off of the 2009 retail price of $349 for the MQ-200 with the conditions that one shipment and one payment be made by yourself, Chuck Harrison. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

Best Regards,
Devin Overly
General Manager
APOGEE INSTRUMENTS, =NC.

721 W 1800 N
Logan, UT 84321
[email protected]
Apogee Instruments: Quantum sensors, light meters, infrared temperature sensors
435.792.4700 phone
435.787.8268 fax

This comes out to 228$ shipped and with the paypal service fee.

Are folks interested in this?

Regards,
Tom Barr

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
Sure I'm interested. But since I live in Europe, I want it to be shipped without bill and at low estimated value (like it's second hand). If not, I get 20% VAT and 11% import tax. :( I hope that can be avoided.

Gilles

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2008
Netherlands
Same here together with Dutchy, i have a european (dutch) tax number so i can order withouth tax.

@dutchy; maybe we can ship it using From US 2 EU that way; the product can be shipped to an american address and from there it will be send to us.. (if you are from the netherlands) then we can ship it using TNT post to each other. Can you check it out if it is something we can use?

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
@ Gilles,

I'm from the Netherlands too. On the site of they say it's not worthwhile for small electronics. But it's a group buy and one person (Tom?) has to make the order and take care of shipment. Am I right? By the way, I have a Paypal account. You can also send me a PM if you like.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I can have them sent here, then ship to you thereafter.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States
I don't want to hijack this thread, but I've received some inquiries asking about discount coupons for a couple online stores ... I've been successful in the past with getting some short-term discount coupon codes, if anyone wants to PM me their favorite online aquatic stores, I will make some contacts and see if I can arrange a special discount coupon code.

Unfortunately, often all they want to offer as a discount is a small 4% discount, but a discount is a discount and it can't hurt for me to ask ...

Greg Watson

VaughnH

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Sacramento, CA
If I understand the letter from Quantum, they will ship the entire 40 units to Chuck Harrison, who would then have to ship them to the actual buyers.

Gilles

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2008
Netherlands
Is Chuck willing to ship to The Netherlands, or can Tom do this? It would be the cheapest (for us) to:
- Ship both units as 1 package with a low $ value on it;
- Just in case the customs DO open the package please add shipping documents; for instance add an invoice to it on which the product is listed as "2x25$" (and add shipping costs) on it.

If you (Tom) want, i could make the invoice (as PDF) for you, but you have to send me a PM with your full address details. Then you can add this to the package..

dutchy

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Jul 6, 2009
The Netherlands
@ Gilles,

if you read back one page you can see that Tom offered to receive our PAR meters and then ship them to the Netherlands, which I think is a good idea.

Regards,
Dutchy.

Gilles

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2008
Netherlands
dutchy;38983 said:
@ Gilles,

if you read back one page you can see that Tom offered to receive our PAR meters and then ship them to the Netherlands, which I think is a good idea.

Regards,
Dutchy.

Yes i've read that, but we need to "fool" dutch customs also ;) So therefore my idea... So if Tom can send them to us, by adding an invoice and drastically reducing the value of the package we'll be good.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I'll just ship them as a "gift", because that is what I'm doing there, not making any $.
Apogee is also not selling them to you directly really.

I recall Dedfac has a similar issue when we did a group buy in the past with shipping and other issues with importation from Apogee to Sweden.:mad:

This step may avoid all that.
But never underestimate the government to get their taxes.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Status
Not open for further replies.