This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

grolux bulb vs. daylight bulb

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by baruch mor, Mar 17, 2005.

1. baruch mor

baruch mor Prolific Poster

considering ill take the same size of bulb, lets say t5, 54w 115cm long. do u believe beside giving better color (i like the grolux color on my red plants) the plants will grow faster/healthier under gro-lux bulb comparing to regular daylight bulb (osram/silvanya 865 - 6500K , cri >80)?

2. m lemay

m lemay Prolific Poster

Re: grolux bulb vs. daylight bulb

Have you read Toms new article on lighting? From what I can gather total watts of light are more important than actual spectrum. I'd go for what's more visually pleasing, if you like the look of the gro-lux then use those.

I like the 9325K GE fresh/saltwater bulbs,the plants seem to pearl more with these than any other bulb I've tried and the colors are vibrant under this bulb. I don't know if they are made in a T5 configuration though.

Marcel