This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Greets From Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jilrae, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    9:23 PM
    Hi all!

...Wow, I'm really bad at intro posts. Let's see...I got my first aquarium at age 8, and have been poking around with them on and off ever since. I've done everything from a 2 gallon hex to a 125 saltwater...everything except one thing. Plants. That all changed earlier this year, and after having to scrap an entire tank cursed with ridiculous amounts of BBA, among other problems I decided to start over and did a LOT of homework...

...which led me here, lol. So hi, from a complete newbie!

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    4:23 AM
    Hello Jilrae,

Welcome to the forum. You did good with introductions. How big is your planted tank? Maybe you can start a journal of the build so others can follow along and maybe offer more knowledgeable advice.

3. Fisherking

Fisherking Member

Local Time:
    Welcome and Happy 4th ! What kind of a tank are you starting with?

4. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the warm welcomes :) Right now I'm running a 46g bowfront with some siryu stone, and what will be two large pieces of driftwood. (the second is still soaking) I've got some val, an amazon sword, a java fern windelov, dwarf lily, dwarf tiger lily/lotus thing, a few anubias nana, a recent addition of a bunch of microswords, some dwarf sag that I've misplaced in a pile of microswords, and a madagascar lace that's secretly plotting to take over the world. (that one grows fast...) Running the fluval plant 3.0, and just dosing 1x/week with easy green, and every other day with easy carbon.

2018-07-04 12.34.24.jpg

5. Fisherking

Fisherking Member

Local Time:
    Thanks for the pic--looking good! What are the inhabitants?

6. Jilrae

Jilrae New Member

Local Time:
    Thank you! A bunch of amanos, some ghost shrimps, oto cats, cories, a bristlenose pleco, a school of cardinal tetras (and one neon with species identification issues, schools with the cardinals he came by mistake with), endlers, dwarf chain loaches (loveable puppies!) and Oswald the Betta.