This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings, newbie planted tank guy here with pics

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Big Scott, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Big Scott

Big Scott Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:39 PM
    first off I'm glad to have found this site. I have a 29gl that has been setup for about two months. I also have a 100gl waiting in the wings to be setup but I'm thinking that may be another reef tank. I am new at the planted thing but willing to try my best to get it right and a C02 system/lights seems to be the next step. I'm using Florish excel right now and Flourite. The plants seem to be doing well. I look foward to reading and re-reading the wonderful info on here so thanks in advance!

-Scott

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    At what point do I need to clip this?

[​IMG]
    That's Fred the Flower Skrimp on his favorite petrified wood perch!

[​IMG]
    I think that's Bob the Ghost skrimp but then again it could be Bill since they all look the same!

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Welcome

Hi Scott,

That is a nice looking tank. :)

Do you mind sharing the particulars? Lighting, fertilizers, substrate, so on and so forth, I am nosy!:eek:

Enough reef tanks, planted tanks are a day in the park comparatively speaking. Reef types have a tendency to seriously over complicate the whole process.:p

Welcome.:D

Biollante

3. Big Scott

Big Scott Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I got this 29Gl tank from Petsmart as a package deal and planned to upgrade the hood/light to a dual T5 setup in the near future (have yet to decide what light to get). I have a single 24" 20 W Flora Glo blub in there that replaced the day light unit that came with the hood. The substrate is black Florite with blue gravel laid ontop of the front non-planted portion of the tank. I have yet to figure out the dosing thing so bear with me on that part. The only additives I use are Prime mixed into my water changes (2-3 10%'s weekly with a larger 30-50% on the weekend) and Florish excel. I use a Rena XP1 with the on the back filter that came with the kit as well. Water changes are easy since the tank sits on the counter above the sink.

[​IMG]

-Scott